The final outcomes of all of our programs are hope and resilience. We believe that hope is an outcome in and of itself because every person needs hope to thrive, be productive, and experience satisfaction in life. As a result of our programs, young people gain:
- Hope – Youth come to believe they can set their own goals, decide how to reach these goals, and motivate themselves to achieve these goals. Youth feel they have purposeful futures.
- Confidence – Youth grow in self-motivation as their own feelings of confidence become more internalized. Youth come to believe in their own ability to achieve their own goals with excellence.
- Optimism – Youth are able to realistically take credit for their own success while also recognizing other factors that contributed to their success. They also are able to take responsibility for their shortcomings without sinking into despair.
- Resilience – Youth are able to thrive in environments of change, anticipate adversity, develop plans to overcome adversity, and recover from adversity.
- Inter-Dependence – Youth value relationships with peers and possess the pro-social skills needed to work together for a common goal.